On 10 May 2020 at 17:23 Lüko Willms wrote and made these points

<ma...@silverstones.com> wrote
LW> re Delay when creating new message

... <snip>
>>  10/05/2020, 13:16:40: IMAP  - Connecting to IMAP server
>> mail.silverstones.com on port 143
... <snip>
>>  10/05/2020, 13:16:46: IMAP  - Connecting to IMAP server
>> mail.silverstones.com on port 143
... <snip>
>>  10/05/2020, 13:17:28: IMAP  - Disconnected

LW>   I wonder why your system is not logged in to IMAP all the time,
LW> and then why there TheBat! is logging in to the IMAP4 server twice within 6
seconds.

A  good  question. That may be the issue - I will try "Stay logged in"
as the setting if I can find it... which I can't...

LW>   Besides, for writing and sending a message, this goes via SMTP,
LW> not IMAP4, just as also POP3 is only for receiving.

Ah  -  you'd  have  thought  so.  Except...  the  outbound  message is
originally  created in the Outbox IMAP folder as a draft message. Only
the completed message will be sent via SMTP.

LW>   I just created and sent a message via one of my IMAP accounts,
LW> just for testing, and there was no need to connect via IMAP4.

LW>   No delay at all in creating the message and sending it.

This  is  why  I  am not going to create a bug report... unless anyone
else has this experience.

--
Cheers -- Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v9.1.18.3 (BETA) on Windows 10.0.18362