Hello everybody,

on Sonntag, 10. Mai 2020 at 18:37  Marck Pearlstone <ma...@silverstones.com>
wrote
re Delay when creating new message

LW>>   Besides, for writing and sending a message, this goes via SMTP,
LW>> not IMAP4, just as also POP3 is only for receiving.

> Ah  -  you'd  have  thought  so.  Except...  the  outbound  message is
> originally  created in the Outbox IMAP folder as a draft message. Only
> the completed message will be sent via SMTP.

  I found the test message which I sent today in MESSAGES.TBB in OUTBOX
directory of the IMAP account on my PC. But it is not visible from TheBat!

  But no recent entry concerning IMAP in the ACCOUNT_LOG.TXT of that account.

  I have set that IMAP account to connect to the IMAP server only when I
explicitely ask to connect.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

using: TheBat! 8.8.9.12 (BETA)
OS: Windows 7    (NT 6.1 Build 7601 - Service Pack 1)
CPU: AMD  amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+
MEM: 4097 MB