Hi, all,
On 26/09/1999, at 03:52,
Alexander V. Kiselev (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
went and see the gods, and told them:

Anti-spam filters (was:Re[5]: List Administration Note)

AVK> Hi there!

AVK> On 25 Sep 99, at 16:29, Steve Lamb wrote
AVK>     about "Re: Anti-spam filters":

>>     Other filtering involves methods that produce a high amount of
>> false-positives.  When you (sex) get a lot of (erotic) mail in your spam
>> folder (make money fast) that it gets more mail than your ($$$) inbox, then
>> you have a problem, don't you?

AVK> Yup, as for me, I now see that Claude has never got involved in
AVK> Mathematical research, for example.
That's not the kernel of my research work but, sorry, I'm developing a
new kind of factorial analysis :-)))

AVK>  If *I* started to filter out
AVK> the messages containing dollar signs, I would have filtered out
AVK> *absolutely all* the scientific-related messages I receive:-)) You
AVK> know, these are all in TeX, and in TeX all the mathematical
AVK> notation is preceeded either with a single dollar sign or a
AVK> doubled one, and succeeded in the same manner......... For
AVK> example, x=y would be $x=y$. I mean, "dollars" not *always*
AVK> mean bux:-)
Of course, if your anti-spam filter is the first. If we were working
together (why not?), I would have a filter signaled on "spb.edu" in
the sender, to route your mail in a "StPetersbourg" folder, like I have
one for each University I work with.

Well, I have a "friends" folder, too, a "business" also, etc... each
filtered with the sender.

As I don't think my usual senders are going to spam me, the anti-spam
comes after.

My task force don't shot everything which is moving. It asks for
password before :)

No password : go to jail (spam folder) ; then, ask the judge - me ;-)
- for death or freedom.

I agree that the "not me in TO" is the most powerful *by now*, but my
(small) experience with that system don't give as many false positive
as you and SL seem to think :)))

Claude.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thought of the day (randomly french or english)
Certes, il mérite la mort,
mais combien meurent qui mériteraient la vie ?
Pouvez-vous la leur donner ? - Tolkien.