Hi all,

  Nick Danger wrote:

>   While I totally agree that people nowadays can't "take a joke" and
> get offended WAAA-AAY too easily I'm not sure I'd say society has
> gotten too polite.  Drive on the streets of Dallas for one day and
> you'd begin to welcome a little politeness!  :)

>   That said, I also agree if you find something idiotic what's wrong
> with saying it? Hey, it's just your opinion. So basically I support
> someone's right to post wacky stuff on the list as well as your's to
> state your opinion about however "opinionated" that may be.

That's a dangerous stance to take which in effect welcomes you to post
whatever you feel like. Apply what you post here, to what you'd
willingly say to the person if he/she were in front of you and is a
stranger to you. If you do this then you'll be fine and I'm quite sure
that you wouldn't use the word 'idiotic' in such a setting. :)

This is what netiquette is all about.

HTML mail offends.

Improperly trimmed quotes offend.

Large attachments offend.

Being rude offends.   Why belittle this rule over the rest and start
saying that people are too sensitive? That's unreasonable.

Rude, unfortunately, is an elusive term and is based a lot on cultural
upbringing. But my rule of thumb is that if someone thinks that you
are being rude then you almost invariably are in fact being rude, even
more so, if others chime in to indicate the you are being rude.

>   In all your rants though the only one that made my eyebrows raise
> was "Society has gotten a little *too* polite".

No, this is just a symptom and opinion that shows up the problem.

> If that's the case I want to live wherever you do, as it's not
> happening in my neck of the woods.

:))

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-

   >>> I do this kind of stuff to him all through the picture. <<<
  Using The Bat! v1.38 Beta/2 [-] Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)