MFPA:

> On Saturday 6 June 2015 at 3:17:33 PM, in
> <mid:tkv5nad8vu7mnkrtkc0qimqc6v5ko8r...@4ax.com>, Luca wrote:
>
> > The one thing I miss in Voyager is the chance to
> > associate it to the mailto: protocol. I tried every
> > hack I am capable of in the Windows registry but still
> > I can't get mailto: urls to open in Voyager. I still
> > guess it must be possible somehow. I searched around, I
> > asked here twice (still asking) but nobody came out
> > with a solution so far.
>
> I would have thought not touching the host computer's settings was one
> of the points of a portable app.

Yes, the main reason why I use portable apps is to be able to use "my"
applications when traveling, when I can't carry my laptop with me, but when I
come back home I'd like not to have limitations, particularly if I place the
same application in the same place everytime, either a USB unit or a folder.

Why not? It would be perfectly possible to install Voyager with proper
registry settings, on demand or running some simple external configuration
utility to write the right settings in the registry.

> That said, can't you edit the Mailto handler in Windows Explorer via
> Tools | Folder Options | Filetypes?

Because in my Windows 7 Home Premium there is no "browse" button to select a
program for mailto: handler, and Voyager is not on the list of application to
choose from.

> And in Firefox via Tools | Options | Applications?

Wait, wait... Thank you very much, one problem solved! How did I miss that?

So, remaining problems:
- associate mailto: url and shortcuts to Voyager, system-wide
- associate .eml file so that they open in Voyager

Thanks for any hint.

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at libero.it