Hi

On Sunday 7 June 2015 at 8:51:41 PM, in
<mid:gt79naplejsrp1523d5sh3p7qkshfd6...@4ax.com>, Luca wrote:

> I know, and I can tell you: there is no "browse" button
> to select a program for mailto: handler, you can only
> pick applications from the list, and Voyager is not in
> the list of application to choose from.

Playing with my search engine for a while got me:-

<https://superuser.com/questions/536849/how-to-associate-the-mailto-protocol-with-a-custom-exe>.

    "The following saved as a .REG file, edited to specify my custom
    EXE and imported into the registry works for me in Windows 7:

        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto]
        "URL Protocol"=""

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell]

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open]

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command]
        @="C:\\Path\\to\\Program.exe"

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\mailto]
        "URL Protocol"=""

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\mailto\shell]

        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\mailto\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command]
        @="C:\\Path\\to\\Program.exe"

        Remember that your setting can always be overridden by the
        user via browser options."

    I am using XP and have not tried this at all. Use at your own
    risk, etc.

> For .eml files, problem is not to associate the
> extension to Voyager, but if I do that, Voyager opens a
> "new message" editor window with the file as an
> attachment, instead of opening the .eml file as a
> message, showing its content.

So Windows is picking the right application but the wrong action. Is
there no way to edit the action?

And I would have thought you wanted to also associate .msg files,
although these seem to be less common than a few years ago. I still
encounter them occasionally.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Free advice costs nothing until you act upon it

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3