Hello Thomas,

> Good to hear. Don't download from unauthrotised sites.

Generally good advice, however in this case it would be prudent to
actually look at the content.

> Here are the release versions:
> https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive-versions.php
> The release version of v8 was issued after *all* the betas for v8. Why
> you want to download a beta version with bugs that there fixed in the
> release is beyond me.

Was it? Let's check the signatures: v8.8.9 was signed on June 5th, while
v8.8.9.12 on 8th of September. That is ~3 months difference. Screenshot
attached. Lastly, one can simply check the history of this mailing list.

> If you are interested in contributing to beta testing though, it will
> be better to subscribe to TBBETA and get the versions from Ritlabs
> rather than from some unauthorised sites where you don't know what you
> actually download.

v8.8.9.12 files were removed from RT's website, that is the only reason I
have provided those links.

--
Regards,