Thursday, July 27, 2000, 10:11:15 AM, Thomas wrote:
> Let's swing away from technology-centered UI to user-centered UI. You
> are technically right, but the user would appreciate it if the
> attachment icon was in the body on a GUI.

    The user would, would s/he?  I don't think so.  As I said, by doing so the
icons are now strewn all over the place or are hidden from view at the bottom
of the message with no ready way to access them.  This forces the user to do
more work to know they are there much less find them.  "But the message list
has an attachment icon".  Yeah, it also can be turned /OFF/.  I don't think
most people would appreciate the mixture of text with random icons.  I know I
certainly don't and I /have/ used products that use it.  Hated every one of
them.

> You would have to switch back to TB in order to see that, granted, but
> it's a small price ain't it? :-P

    Switch back to what?  When did I switch from TB!?