On Saturday, November 11, 2000, 12:30:45 PM, Dean wrote:

M>> Personally, I don't use any spam filter, for I've got very few
M>> so far. :)

> I believe you'll find there's a reason behind that, the $ fine for
> spamming a .edu is quite high, much higher than any of us other
> folks, if memory serves me correct;)

Fine? By whom? I've never heard of that. Could you provide more
information? I would be happy to learn about it. I checked relevant
web sites of our university and couldn't find anything about fining
spammers. In fact, our University Network Security Team says the
last resort is to block traffic from certain IP address or subnet.
We do have a diligent University Anti-Spam Team, though, which
handles spam complaints swiftly.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/4 | Win2k SP1