On Saturday, November 11, 2000, 8:24:45 AM, A. wrote:

> I never filter spammer messages directly.

If TB provides a "bozo bin" as Gravity or XNews do, or at allow AB
entries or filter items to expire after certain days as Agent does,
filtering spammers directly would be much easier and more practical.

> I rarely receive spam directly addressed to me though its
> beginning to happen more often. I can't help but delete those,

That's bound to be more often. They haven't done it often because
they are sending identical messages to a bunch of addresses. Since
they don't want you to know who else are among the recipients, they
resort to the BCC trick. With Word (or other word processors), MAPI,
and mail-merge, sophisticated spammers have begun to use
personalized spam. Since you're the only recipient of a particular
message, they don't shy from putting your name in the To field.
That's why I miss the bozo bin so much.

> though I'll attempt to do a traceroute on the source and if
> successful send a complaint to the relevant ISP.

That's nice, but time is a scarce resource. :(

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/4 | Win2k SP1