Hi Norbert,
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, at 10:01:46 +0100 you wrote:

> In the light of your comments re html and seeing that your
> signature separator is incorrect (I had to delete it manually
> in this reply)

It is a correct signature delimiter which was changed by PGP and
still is a correct delimiter.

> and your signature consists of (counting, counting...) 18 lines
> instead of the four (max) that are usually recommended, perhaps
> you could improve on that.

It is 4 lines long, including 4 blank lines (each one a 2 byte
increase in message size. Not too much, I'd say). And his PGP
signature which is generally not counted as signature on this
list.

> I have never seen a list with so much information (redundant,
> in my view) at the bottom of many mails.

It is recommended to have this information in your signature,
because it makes helping and bug tracking easier. You need not
hunt down a bug that was corrected some versions ago :-)

> Why put a PGP signature at the bottom of a mailing to a list,
> other than for the simple reason that The Bat can?

I don't think anyone here uses PGP just because "The Bat can".
It's up to everybody to decide if they want to send their
messages with or without a PGP signature.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/1 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |