Not that I can see since the only way to open the digest is to
double click on one of the messages and they aren't necessarily
listed in the attachment pane in order by age. You can however, set
up the digest view folder window to arrange the messages as you
want. When you open the digest folder, all you need to do is hit
<Home> to get to the top of the list and start from the oldest
downwards.

That's another thing I wanted to ask about. Is there any way to make the view for the
digest folder permanent? Opening up any of the messages seems to open all the messages
in a new folder whose view does not correspond to any of my other folders. Where do I
'find' this folder to customize it?

-Vishal