Hello Allie,

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:19:07 -0500 GMT (09/12/02, 05:19 +0700 GMT),
Allie C Martin wrote:

VBG>> It doesn't freeze unless I have the task manager open. What
VBG>> happens is the system slows down to the point where if I were
VBG>> to do a figure 8 with the mouse on the screen in one second the
VBG>> system will still be doing that figure 8 for the next two
VBG>> minutes.

> Yeah. Sounds like you're CPU resources are completely consumed
> by some errant process.

I think so too. Now the question is to find out which process that is.

Victor, can you check memory usage before starting TB and then again
when the sluggish behaviour starts? Which app or process is using the
resources? (If you wait until it is all bad, you might not be able to
use the memory tool any more.)

Just an idea.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear
him, is he still wrong?

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62 Christmas Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM