In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Victor B. Gonzalez [VBG] wrote:'

VBG> I can prove it's The Bat! and not because it's the newest app
VBG> on my system but because right after boot-up the very first app
VBG> I go to launch is The Bat!

The only thing I can say is that TB! triggers a problem. Whether the
problem is in fact completely in TB!'s realm of responsibility is
yet to be proven. I naturally doubt this very much since my
experience with TB! is the opposite. I run it 24/7 on my XP system
and throughout all beta's etc for the last year, it has never
interfered with XP. I hope you persevere since I'm sure there's a
culprit.

VBG> It seemed to freeze up on retrieving my mail and about an hour
VBG> ago I had to hard boot my PC 15 + times before restoring an old
VBG> back-up made it work again.

Wow! :(

Time to get ZA out of the equation I'd say. The only way to do this
would be through a complete uninstall of it.

There are other firewalls that are equally or more effective than
ZA. I personally recommend Kerio Personal Firewall. It carries a
small footprint, is VERY stable, and does only what you tell it to.
No tricks or unexpected surprises.

OTOH, I personally can't think of another client to replace TB!
with. :)

VBG> Plus, I've owned XP for just over 8 months and I never hard
VBG> booted my PC like this ever.

TB! and ZA don't get along on many systems. I had a very bad
experience personally.

VBG> It doesn't freeze unless I have the task manager open. What
VBG> happens is the system slows down to the point where if I were
VBG> to do a figure 8 with the mouse on the screen in one second the
VBG> system will still be doing that figure 8 for the next two
VBG> minutes.

Yeah. Sounds like you're CPU resources are completely consumed
by some errant process.

VBG> Is it possible something was still running? I don't know :(

Don't know but an open mind is important here. It's very hard to
have one in these circumstances.

--
  -=] Allie C Martin [=-  {List Moderator}

MUA: TB! v1.62 Christmas Edition ___ OS: WinXP Pro (SP1)