Hello Anne!

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, 10:41 PM, you wrote:

MB>> I don't think I want to get into a discussion with the moderator
MB>> on her List settings at this point. The level of experience, even
MB>> with her, is, I think, Outlook Express.

A> No point doing so Mary. On Rootsweb the listowner's decision is final!
A> <g> Actually I think you'll find Joan is an AOL user of many year's
A> standing ;-)

Well, I knew that she didn't know anything about The Bat! She said so
herself when I was asking her how I could put the Reply To field into
my e-mails. I didn't understand myself how it got there every place
but on Senior-Newbie. Turned out I needed to uncheck something in
Accounts/Properties/General--or rather erase something. :)

But I thought I had to enable something, when actually it was disable
I needed to do.

However, other subscribers to TBUDL are saying that properly written
List protocols will over-ride a Poster's "reply to" configuration. And
apparently some do--as for instance Computers-L was consistently
putting the Reply To in my posts from the time I started using The
Bat!

Want to move this over to TBOT? I never know these days what is OT
here and what's not. :)

Mary

The Bat! 1.61 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1