Hello Mary Bull,

On or about Monday, January 20, 2003 at 14:12:32GMT -0600 (which
was 3:12 PM in the tropics where I live) Mary Bull opined:

8< Snipped a bunch....

MB> Peter, this is a very nice list. Some of the people on it know even
MB> less than I, and I'm sometimes able to help fellow Senior-Newbies. On
MB> the other hand, there are some who have excellent over-all knowledge
MB> who are giving their time, and also others whose knowledge, while
MB> spotty, like mine, happens to include answers to questions I ask.

MB> Hardly any of them have heard of The Bat! however. :) One or two,
MB> including the List Moderator, have. Senior-Newbies-L's list protocols
MB> are far less stringent than those of TBUDL. :) <g>

You must take this opportunity to edu-ma-cate them Mary!  Just
think, you can be the 'ambassador of proper netiquette' on that
list and make a new crop of better informed users! ;-)  Work with
the moderator by stating the reasons why it is important (from an
organizational standpoint) to conform to established protocols.

You had to know there was a (hidden) reason why you joined that
list!

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

I liked things better when I didn't understand them. - Calvin

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Flying in the stratosphere with The Bat! V1.61 on
Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3