Hello marybull,

On 7 Jan 2004 at 11:48:09 -0600 GMT [18:48 CET] you wrote:

m> There is no "Follow-up" on my View menu.

Yes. It used to be called follow-up but was changed some time back. It's
now called 'references'.

m> It does, under Headers, in the main account view menu, let me put
m> References among other things, including something called Matter.

I don't know what 'matter' is for but you shouldn't need it.

m> And also, the View menu in the Edit Mail Message window and the
m> Folder Window where I read your original message, gives me these same
m> choices.

m> So I copied the References and put them in the proper place.

That worked. Your mail is properly threaded.

m> In the Edit Mail Message window there was no place for ID--because no
m> ID choice on the View menu. So I have put the Message ID in the Matter
m> field on this Reply to you.

The message-id is created by the bat! It identifies your mail to be used
in references headers when people reply to your mail. No need to do
anything on your side, least of all put it in the 'matter' header.

m> And I stuck in the Return Path for good measure.

That one should be created by the server. So again: no need for you to
do anything.

--
Cheers,
 Andre