Hello Achdut18,

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:36:37 -0500 GMT (31/03/2008, 04:36 +0700 GMT),
Achdut18 wrote:

DH>> Synchronisation is a three step process and so you don't want to be doing
this on a
DH>> daily basis.

A> Is it really that involved?

This is how I have been synchronising for years:

Each outgoing mail is BCC'ed to myself. This way, not only the
incoming but also the outgoing mails are on each computer on which I
check them.

TB! is on each computer is set to leave messages on the server, albeit
it is possible to set one computer to a number of days after which you
are sure that each PC has downloaded the mails. If you use each
computer every day (including weekends), then 2 days is enough.

BBC'ing to yourself was mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't
whether you saw this.

IMAP or webmail are no option for me due to unreliable and somewhat
slow internet connections. I need to have the mails on the computer
(or USB stick), and let POP or SMTP do their slow work in the
background.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

100 000 Muenchner koennen Deutsche werden. *