Yes, when UE's have nothing to do they will go to sleep.  If anything hits
the LAN port they wake up.  They do check if the eNB is sending them any
data also.
You can see the Active vs. Registered in Breezeview.  About 1 year ago we
had an issue where a couple of UE's would not wake up until a hard reboot
was done.

Matt Carpenter

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Ian Fraser <ian_fra...@gozoom.ca> wrote:

> Going to sleep ?  There's an sleep timer somewhere ?
>

> On 07/08/2016 11:29 AM, Matthew Carpenter wrote:
>
> We are using the EPC in a central/datacenter configuration.  The eNB's are
> fed by fiber or by licensed link.
> Sure we have an issue once in a while, Telrad support jumps on it and gets
> it fixed quickly.
>
> 82 UE's over 4 eNB's and running good.  I am in 2x4(receive) mode
> currently.
>
> What going on with RF power?
>
> Not seeing the reconnect issues that you guys have been talking about. Is
> the UE just going to sleep?
>
> MattCarpenter
>

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Steve Cole <co...@kos.net> wrote:
>
>> On 8/4/2016 8:46 AM, Skywerx Support wrote:
>> > I have enb's with over 80 clients offering mixed packages of 3, 5, 10,
>> 15, and 20 Mbps services.  No complaints here.  You obviously have
>> something messed up.
>> Eh, no.  10Mhz is the biggest channel we can run and we did some
>> downtilt.  When we can go higher channel widths (we are our own worst
>> interference with WiMax), and pull out the barrier channels, it will be
>> better.  But that won't fix the EPC, it won't fix the RF power, and it
>> won't fix the reconnect issue.
>>
>> The rest we have plenty of capacity.  The bottleneck at present is
>> Telrad, no questions about it.
>>

> --
> *Matthew Carpenter*
> *806-316-5071 <806-316-5071> office*