> Jeremy,
>
> You are responding to my comments, Tony, Rather than Marks.

Doh! My apologies, I mistyped but had of course realised that it was you!

The fact is that we’ve had moderators quietly moderating the group since 2005,
and I don’t think we’ve run into any problems in terms of lightness of touch.

The idea of expanding the pool of operators is to enable us to do more fairly
specific things, like operating a practical, fair and transparent system for
deciding which threads get pinned.

Best wishes

Jeremy