See my comments in *bold*

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 12:19 PM Saq Imtiaz <saq.imt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dave: interesting, as my personal preference would be for one tiddler on
> the left and multiple on the right for reference :)

*Actually, I have the same preference too! I actually wrote the opposite
words then transposed them. I felt maybe I was pushing my preferences in
ways that went against the format of TiddlyWiki and Roam. The reasons I
went against my personal preferences are these: *

*1) TiddlyWiki has a left story river, so people might expect it there, and
anything supplemental tends to be on the right*
*2) Roam, which TiddlyBlink is imitating, has default working page on the
left as well, and shift click to open secondary page(s) to the right.*

> Anyway, we might start off as I am suggesting simply because its easier to
> get working and then take it from there. The zoomin storyview - which we
> need to show just one tiddler - isn't playing nice in the second story at
> the moment.

*Okay, that is fine. *

> Ideally I do think this needs to be user configurable and we should be
> able to manage that.

*Great*

> I think we need to get something usable together and make it avaiable as a
> proof of concept or beta version, and hopefully get some feedback from
> people using it before we try to refine the behaviour too much.

*Good idea*

> Btw, those icons for one vs two stories are an eyesore. Any suggestions
> for better icons we can use?

*Not sure I have seen the icons that you are referring to.*

> I also have some other thoughts regarding the UI for TiddlyBlink since
> it's open on my screen:
> - I can't tell what the + button in the tiddler toolbar is for, it needs a
> tooltip.

*Good idea. Adding it to the list of needed changes. *

> - the eye icon and the menu it shows might be better suited at the bottom
> of the tiddler in the references area, would reduce clutter at the top too.
> Or altogether hidden away in a global settings menu if it wont be used too
> often.

*I plan to move the eye icon and the full screen icon to the top of the
'more' menu*

- suggest making the "fold"/"fold others" feature more easily accessible at
> least in the tiddlers in the second (right hand) story.

*Once you get a beta of the main components I want to play with the folding
to see how it should ideally go, including CSS changes for smaller text in
the tiddler titles*

> - the "more actions" dropdown button of the tiddler toolbar being in the
> middle of other buttons rather than on one of the edges means it easier to
> overlook that it offers several options in a dropdown menu

*My goal had been to keep the core icons in the same arrangement and the
TiddlyBlink icons separate. I think what you are describing will be less of
a problem when I move the two icons into more.*

*Thanks again for all the thought you are putting into this.*