The uniqueness of "xememex" is nice for making sure I find the sample code
for just the new project. That is the only real concern I would have about
renaming: Making sure search engine results can be refined easily.

Although I personally agree that the project title word is just a random
string of letters that I can copy-paste as a prefix for my search query, I
personally dislike the repetition of letters in xememex. Although xemex.com
com is already taken by a watch company, perhaps we could take advantage of
some other TDL like xemex.dev on which browsers now require HTTPS
communication.

I agree wirh Stobot that 'Wiki' isn't a buzzword today and doesn't sound
that professional. Knowledgebase abbreviated as KB is ubiquitous. Perhaps a
rebrand focus could be Xememex Quine KB. This sums up where to go, why it
is unique, and why you would want to use it. (Thanks to Matt for the
suggestion.)

Saying 'cards' is in the project name would be focusing on the
implementation details instead of the user's overall problem. Cards can
solve the problem, but that is just a necessay evil. An easy to update and
re-link KB is their end goal. Perhaps some project concept abbreviations
could be XM code in a QKB file?

I do like the unit identity of "card" because it is unlikely to actually be
in the content of anyone's actual documents or code. It is easy to find all
such references, and isn't a sub-part of other common English words. It is
very short to type, which is probably my biggest gripe about the
'currentTiddler' variable. It is used so often, I would really appreciate
'curCard' for the next iteration.

I have been going through the documentation to learn how to create a
working example of each individual option in TW. Just scratching the
surface I keep running into 'depreciated' examples. A new fork for Xememex
is definitely what I would desire. TWC is still being used today on old and
current browsers. TW5 will continue to be used 15 years from now. Applying
all the lessons learned to a separate project should make a clean break and
require the minimum of today's latest browsers' functionality. Older
browsers - if they must be used - will still work with the other projects.

A focus on support for internationalization right out of the gate would
also help. Just recently, Jeremy said trying to support field names with
non-ASCII Unicode characters would be very complex under-the-hood. Making a
clean re-design will help others to write cards and metadata in their own
language much easier.

The hardest part of rebranding - as Mozilla well knows - is keeping the
current project being able to support the latest fads instead of truly
halting development for two years. I don't have any suggestions other than
deciding the new project will only focus on implementing the existing
TW5.1.23 features, and any new features will have to be brought in during a
second round of updates after the base project is released.

I only have two pleadings for improvements:

1) Please include some kind of string literal escape codes so we can use [
], " ', etc. characters within filters without worrying about whether the
query can succeeed. It would be like the !--html comment-- tag where all
data inside is treated as non-code. Most people won't use these operation
characters in card, tag or field names. Power users should have some method
that consistently allows for them.

2) Please try to make at least one practical example of every single
keyword. I am constantly trying to figure out how to use keywords mentioned
on TW.com but don't actually have any concrete implementation to see why it
would be useful. Counter examples would also be nice.