Hello Eric, I have an issue about testing new core versions.
Preliminary. When 2.7.1 beta was released, I downloaded it, but haven't given it a try in an actual use. After a while, I decided to add one more TiddlyWiki to those I use and took that one. I put some content (fortunately, not much) there but there was a problem with saving with TiddlySaver (I had to use FireFox instead), so I decided to upgrade the core. I've run the update engine, but what I got was spoiled content (before upgrade, it contained non-latin letters; after -- as well but mostly some hieroglyphs, may be Chinese). There were some piculiar details about it: for instance, some tiddler titles got "created=" parts and texts -- parts of <pre> and may be <div> tags (parts of the storage html code). Now my point is, I'd like to test the update engine, but currently I have no opporunity to do this. My 2.7.1 TW sais: "This TiddlyWiki appears to be already using the latest version of the core code (2.7.1). You can continue to upgrade anyway to ensure that the core code hasn't been corrupted or damaged" I tried this, and fortunately this haven't spoiled the content. However, to be sure that the new version is "safe", I have to test upgrading from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2 beta. Is there any way to do so? May be it's worth extending the upgrade engine so that it allows two options: update to the main current release or update to the current "nightly built"? Best regards, Yakov. суббота, 4 мая 2013 г., 4:51:30 UTC+4 пользователь Eric Shulman написал: > > Greetings All! > > I'm pleased to announce that TiddlyWiki Classic, version 2.7.2 BETA 1, > is now available for viewing/download, here: > http://www.tiddlywiki.com/beta > > IMPORTANT: This revision is on an shortened release schedule and, > barring any reports of critical "show stopper" errors, will be > promoted to full release within the next week. > > This revision includes the following changes: > > * Backstage>import: > See https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/issues/116 > > Importing tiddlers now uses "FileReader" API whenever available > (currently supported by Chrome, Firefox 20+, etc.). This new HTML5- > standard browser-based file I/O handling does not require any special > privileges or security permissions to read contents of files that you > interactively select from your local filesystem, and you can now > successfully import tiddler from files that are outside of the current > folder. > > Note: this change only applies when you use the "browse" (or "select > file") button to interactively choose a document from your local > filesystem. If you manually enter (or paste) a local "file://" URL > into the import form (or if FileReader handling is not supported by > your browser version), the existing browser-specific file I/O > functions are used, which still requires security permissions and/or > other add-ons to permit reading of file contents; e.g. TiddlyFox > (FireFox), TiddlySaver java applet (Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.), or > ActiveX (Internet Explorer). > > * Internet Explorer: > See https://github.com/TiddlyWiki/tiddlywiki/issues/118 > > When using IE10 (the current version of IE), special-case handling of > embedded newlines in PRE-formatted blocks is no longer applied. This > corrects a formatting/display error introduced by changes in IE10. > Note: this change only applies to IE10 and above; special handling is > still applied to embedded newlines in IE9 and earlier so there should > be no change to existing content when viewed on IE9 or earlier. > > enjoy, > -e > Eric Shulman > Lead Developer - TiddlyWiki Classic > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki?hl=en. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

