суббота, 4 мая 2013 г., 23:05:48 UTC+4 пользователь Eric Shulman написал:
>
> On May 4, 10:20 am, Yakov <[email protected]> wrote: 
> > Now my point is, I'd like to test the update engine, but currently I 
> have 
> > no opporunity to do this. My 2.7.1 TW sais: 
> > "This TiddlyWiki appears to be already using the latest version of the 
> core 
> > code (2.7.1). 
> > You can continue to upgrade anyway to ensure that the core code hasn't 
> been 
> > corrupted or damaged" 
>
> The backstage upgrade process only applies to full releases.  The 
> current full release is still TW271.  When TW272 is released, a copy 
> is posted to http://tiddlywiki-releases.tiddlyspace.com, which is then 
> used as the source for upgrades.  Until then, the upgrade process 
> considers TW271 to be current. 
>
> Yes, but the point of the current version a being stable I suppose. 
Upgrading with corrupting content is not very pleasant.. By the way, (back 
to my 2.7.1 beta -> 2.7.1 example) when TiddlyWiki said that a backup was 
created I searched in the same folder and haven't found it; only after a 
while (when I had already recovered my data) I've noticed that there 
appeared an additional folder to which the backup was put. I think it's 
also worth to extend the message so that a user will understand where the 
backup is.
 

> > I tried this, and fortunately this haven't spoiled the content. However, 
> to 
> > be sure that the new version is "safe", I have to test upgrading from 
> 2.7.1 
> > to 2.7.2 beta. Is there any way to do so? May be it's worth extending 
> the 
> > upgrade engine so that it allows two options: update to the main current 
> > release or update to the current "nightly built"? 
>
> To test a beta build you need to first download a local copy and then 
> import your content. 
>
> Go to http://www.tiddlywiki.com/beta, and select the "download" link 
> (or, just right click the link right here and choose "save link 
> as...".  Once the file is downloaded, open it locally, select 
> backstage>import, and import your content from another document.  Then 
> save-and-reload to verify that your plugins are working. 
>
> I've tested import with Opera 12.15 and FireFox 20.0.1, win7 x64, imported 
from both the same local drive and another one (from C: to D:). Everything 
looks fine, but one detail was unexpected: despite the fact that I disabled 
AutoSave (chkAutoSave == false), each time in both browsers after I 
imported, the "Main TiddlyWiki file saved" message appeared and then I saw 
that txtAutoSave is set back to true. Not very handy for testing, though 
probably useful for ordinary import.
 

> -e 
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to