> Even with the new API, though, it seems that using "browse" to select a
> file still generates a malformed URI, as detailed here:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/70FECqj3otg/00A3dOF-m-sJ

When you select a file with the browse button, the displayed URI text
is actually not used.  Rather, an internal object, returned from the
selection dialog, is passed along to the FileReader API.  Thus, even
if the URI is malformed, the FileReader should still be able to open
the file that was selected.

Nonetheless, the code should not be creating a malformed URI... I'll
look into this.

-e