Hello Jeremy

> Are you serious? I'm writing to you about it here because I can be
> confident that you will see it, and so that it forms part of the
> conversation for others to participate.

Sorry but that sounds a little rude to me. The happy face at the end of the
sentence means that I'm not serious.

> I'm suggesting that it is confusing to label the project "Community
> Documentation project for TiddlyWiki5". It may become that, but right now
> it is a demo of TiddlyDrive.

Actually the version that I presented is a subproject of tiddlydrive.
Tiddlydrive is the conjunction of the plugin and the server side, and the
idea to use it for collaborative documentation is a separate project

> I mean, it's in beta, right? You surely don't want people to spend hours
> composing documentation edits and then finding that the tool has crashed or
> lost data.

It is in beta but you should not lost data. The worse thing it can happen
is that you can't connect to the server. In that case you can still keep an
offline copy.

> Before we can adopt it for community documentation we need to make sure
> that it is robust and suitable for the task. With all due respect, that is
> something for the community to reach consensus on, and not something that
> any of us can unilaterally assert.

I did not pretend to impose anything. Sorry If it looked like that. Maybe I
express myself wit too much enthusiasm.  I just wanted to provide a way to
the community to collaborate. If the community is OK with using it, then is
cool, if not, then is cool also. I never pretended to make it an official
way but just one more way for those who wants to use it.

> 1) A cool new thing called TiddlyDrive

I though like that but, honestly, right now I feel a bit pissed off (maybe
sad and embarrassed is a better description).

> 2) The idea of using TiddlyDrive for community documentation

Just one more option.

Another reason is that we already have a proposal to set up a community
> wiki on TiddlySpace for TW5. That's worked well for TWC in the past, and
> it's a tried and tested approach.

And maybe that is the best way for an official documentation. As I said, I
respect all the options and the choices and I just wanted to give one more
option. Seriously, I read several times parts of tiddlyspace documentation
and I feel that is a cool tool. I tried to use it several times, but it was
too complicated to set up the server, at least for me. I respect it as a
robust and better option.

Sorry If I bother you in any way. It was not my intention, and, off course
I trust your decisions. You have demonstrated that have a very good sense
of how things should be build to stand. In fact you are the author of my
very favorite piece of software.

If anyone wants to suggest a better description for the HelloThere I would
be very grateful. I'm horrible sumarizing things and giving names.

Peace.