Hi Mark

> My first attempt to import the tiddlers into a pre-release version crashed
> the browser tab. So I thought that maybe I needed to use node to render out
> the tiddlers as tids. Now we hit another scalability wall. The process has
> been running 30 minutes and isn't even a quarter of the way through. Looks
> like converting to tids will take two hours!

The approach that worked on my ancient laptop was to open James’ original
TiddlySpot wiki in Chrome and then export a JSON file of all tiddlers. Then on
the command line I built the new wiki with:

tiddlywiki editions/empty/ --load ~/Downloads/wardjhtrumptweets.json --build

However, I found that performance was drastically *worse* in 5.1.16, which I am
now investigating...

> Next question, is the entire master branch on github considered the
> pre-release?

Yes, the prerelease is just the Git master.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/139225A2-9B63-4319-B1E7-C2E370236693%40gmail.com.