> Hi Simon,
> I am absolutely amazed how much you accomplished ... and I am proud you
> linked smarties.tiddlyspot.com as a reference. I would like to update
> which plugins and tiddlers will be necessary for the sidebar after the
> great update of TW.
>
> Looking at the great UX of the SlideBar, I would I would like to switch to
> the pan widget for the left menu as well because it explains itself so much
> better in the experience.
>
> But I think I still would like to have a feature that could enhance the
> widget for this:
>
> I would like to have a threshold for the endaction to have this effect:
>
> If I pan the menu it beginns to move out. If pan less then 100px it snaps
> back, if I pan more than 100px it snaps out completely.
>
> Could you make this possible?
>
> -Jan
>

>> Hi Jan, yes that's possible to accomplish

You can use the whole left bar as a pan element

then the endactions will look like this:

<$vars snapLimit="100" pointerPosition={{pan-state-tiddler!!center-x}}>
<$vars positionBelowLimitCheck=<<formula "lte(<<pointerPosition>>,
<<snapLimit>>)">>>
<$list filter="[<positionBelowLimitCheck>regexp[^TRUE$]]">
set left bar off
</$list>
<$list filter="[<positionBelowLimitCheck>!regexp[^TRUE$]]">
set left bar on
</$list>
</$vars>
</$vars>

this will not move the left bar with the pointer, it will just jump from on
to off and vice-versa

Is that what you want to accomplish?

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d87cb07a-0706-4fdd-977a-f486f08a30fc%40googlegroups.com.