Jel, thanks for making me smile.

If I felt the nature of TW was threatened, I'd react in the same way. But
"marketing" TW - at least what I mean with it - simply means to put the
product "out there" so that more people can use it and engage in its
development. In fact,
<https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=tiddlywiki>we need
people here. Your contributions to TW, made even before TW existed, are
clearly exceptional but the rest of us had to *find out* about TW in order
to use and contribute to it today. We can have our little Mona Lisa hidden
in our little closet or we can at least attempt to make it known to the
world so more people can enjoy it. It is not *either* a beautiful product *or
*a product that many people like - it is both.

if you're so brilliant in your omniscient knowledge, go play in your own
> sandpit and produce something better. Tiddlywiki succeeds precisely BECAUSE
> it isn't specific:to a need.

Yes! In my omniscient brilliance I am looking for exactly that; that we
create specialized 'sandpits' and we make these easily found ("we market
them"). That way, people have a chance to get to know about (real) TW which
they probably would not do otherwise.

Now Jel, I'm REALLY curious what your ideas are for how we should get more
people to use TW and to contribute to its development? Clearly, just having
a "great product" is not enough in this time of information overflow. As
you can tell, I'm not a professional marketer nor a competent coder, nor do
I have as much experience as you do. So, please share your actual ideas how
to make more people come to join the TW project. Or, better yet, don't jus
hare ideas but help out with implementig them!

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6dcf8837-2919-45e4-a8c1-0fa403ed8c90%40googlegroups.com.