Its interesting you think of these as "editions".

> I think of them as APPLICATIONS. No problem. But in terms of promotion why
> promote a version as an "edition?" An edition OF WHAT? As far as I can see
> they are a each a BRICOLAGE of relevant bits deserving its own emergent
> wholeness.

I like the idea of "editions" (I would actually rather call them bundles)
more than standalone applications - TW is awesome because it can do pretty
much everything, so restraining one app to one specific purpose would be
more of a hindrance than anything, to me at least... Although it may be
different for the less-tech-inclined average user.

It would be great if there are "fit for specific purpose editions" but I do
> not think that should be our focus. I think from a development and
> contributor perspective we should be building blocks (often plugins) that
> when added together produce *solutions.*

Exactly.

How should any such editions (or, apps/applications as I'd prefer to call
> them) be actual entry points?
>
> How, practically, would these entry points be served? To build them is
> only part of the equation.

I think TW would benefit greatly of some sort of package/plugin manager, of
the likes of npm or homebrew or apt. This would allow to 1. centralize all
plugins and bundles and 2. manage dependencies (this plugin/bundle needs
these other plugins etc.). The one included right now is very limited (and
has very few plugins).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/59b906af-5faa-48bd-9bbb-95a77a2c3661%40googlegroups.com.