Josiah wrote:

I mean, you don't want to backtrack now to a new architectural design do
> you?

...whatever that sorts this problem I take it

> But I do think Jed's point remains true and that some of the issue could
> be avoided by understanding the architecture of ID's in TW before starting.
> BUT which you could NOT do because you didn't yet know enough. It is a sort
> of puzzle. But I think it comes out okay in the end.

This is what I wanted to express at the beginning with the analogy to the
dam on the river. I started to build the Wiki as my note-taking system and
it broke in a way that I wasn't able to fix it. If you change the title
once how can you recall it's title a few days later? And I changed many
titles many times. What I ended with was a mess. Since this is the core
functionality (linking tiddlers together) I'm still convinced that this is
a major problem of the system core (or design if you want).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0a200165-5914-484d-96fc-dcfb6f489365%40googlegroups.com.