Brady77 wrote:

> This is what I wanted to express at the beginning with the analogy to the
> dam on the river.

I hear you.

..I started to build the Wiki as my note-taking system and it broke in a
> way that I wasn't able to fix it... I changed many titles many times. What
> I ended with was a mess.

Right. You can end up with a mid-town mess. That is neither fish nor fowl.

... Since this is the core functionality (linking tiddlers together) I'm
> still convinced that this is a major problem of the system core ...

I agree it is very confusing.

Part of the issue is the idea of creating a Tiddler gets easily
conceptually confused with creating a data record. This is something I have
written at length about--that TiddlyWiki is NOT a "card-index"--though you
can make it look like one. Usually when you create a record in software it
creates a unique protected ID for a new record separate from whatever its
user fillable fields add. Not so with Tiddlers. The "title" IS the ID. On
the one hand its flexibly lightweight. On the other hand it adds
complications. Especially if you need extensive inter-linking and need to
change titling as you go along.

As far as I understand it, within the current basic architecture,
fundamentally changing that behaviour is not possible. So its more about
accepting it or finding ways round it.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7568864b-64a3-4d06-9fc8-177d1b9a75a6%40googlegroups.com.