How distressing, Dennis.  I'm curious how scientists/professionals/educators
who are on "the other side" of an issue (such as believing in evolution when
your school board is pushing for Intelligent Design) feel about situations
like this when it's in your home state.  Do you feel an undercurrent of
anger all the time?  Depression?  It *does* sound distressing.  Might be an
interesting psychology paper...

One of our daughters lives in a state (the name of which I shall protect in
the interest of...not sure what....) and she's continually embarrassed by
the idiocy that comes out of her state.  She told me today that Bill Maher's
section on "Stupidest State" often features it.

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University
New Hampshire

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Dennis Goff <dg...@randolphcollege.edu>wrote:

>  This attack on education is only the tip of an iceberg here in Virginia.
> To see how bad it is use “the Google” to find news about our Attorney
> General, Cuccinelli. His McCarthy like attack on academic freedom at the
> University of Virginia is just one of his many “accomplishments. “
>

> http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/10/cuccinellis-attack-climate-science-continues
>
> Tiny URL *http://tinyurl.com/3ytxejf *
>
> * *
>
> Dennis

> Dennis M. Goff
>
> Charles A. Dana Professor of Psychology
>
> Department of Psychology
>
> Randolph College (*Founded as Randolph-Macon Woman's College in 1891*)
>
> Lynchburg VA 24503
>
> dg...@randolphcollege.edu

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=5832
or send a blank email to