On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Helmut K. C. Tessarek
<tessa...@evermeet.cx> wrote:
> One of the reasons why I haven't sent any patches is, because I don't
> want to write code, test it, send a patch file via git to a mailing list
> (which is another annyoance) and then my name does not even show up as
> the author. I don't know why pull requests are such a problem.

I agree - the notion that a project being managed in 2016 should work
in these, frankly, draconian ways is stupid.

Fair enough, I supose, if this info is embedded in the git commit log
rather than as an author but it can't be that difficult to provide a
web page with a list of people who have contributed, can it?

I am sure that even I can provide a script to do this - and would it
be accepted if so? Having a web page with this on it would look nice
on the tmux website, no?

I don't know why Nicholas or Thomas aren't listening or thinking about
these things because I feel as though people do care how they are
represented with a project. tmux is a popular project!

That's also why I want to really take over the release engineering of
tmux - I think - frankly - I can do a much better job of it. I am not
happy at all with the way releases have happened for the past two or
three for tmux.

Ethan