Ethan -

You have made no code contributions to tmux and made no bug
reports. Until that changes - even if there was a release engineering
position going, you wouldn't be a candidate.

In 10 years, nobody who has sent patches has complained about how they
are credited. If someone sends code and does have a suggestion, I will
see what I can do - within reason - to accommodate them. Until then,
surely you can think of better ways to contribute than complaining about
how other people's work is credited?

It should be clear by looking at tmux development that most does now go
through GitHub PRs and issues, and I am - time permitting - happy to
work with people in the way they prefer. Using email is just a
preference, it is not a rule.

Please bear in mind that tmux is a volunteer project and that we are not
required to do things the way you think they should be done.