Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> One last point, we should be able to experiment around here. The negative
> votes have been based on biases about what I think about Jasper and my
> opinions.

> They are not based on the idea that experimentation is a good
> thing and I think that is just plain wrong and very closed minded. Who are
> you to decide what our users may or may not like? In the end, if things
> don't work out, then fine at least we learned something and we can move on
> to the next thing.

No Jon - my vote wasn't based on your biasses about jasper, but on the
biasses of many members of the tomcat community.

5.0 was supposed to be the release we make togheter, as a united community
based on consensus.

There is one jakarta project where "experimentation" without consensus
was the operating mode - and I certainly don't like the result. You may
remember about the division of the tomcat community on 3.3/4.0 - and
I don't think 69K of code ( jasper runtime ) would justify another
division.

> What do we really have to loose here?

Consensus.