On Ma, 2008-09-15 at 20:35 +0200, Hans F. Nordhaug wrote:
> Sorry for top-posting, but I'm mainly bumping Samuel's post - it looks
> like it passed unnoticed. I agree on all four points. When it comes
> to 4:
>
>   The bug in Pootle that adds only the last translator to the PO file
>   needs to be submitted.  But first... what is your opinion about it,
>   and how can it best be dealt with?
>
> Isn't
>
> Author1 <emailauthor1>, 2004
> Author2 <emailauthor2>, 2005
> Author3 <emailauthor3>, 2004, 2006
>
> and so on, quite common? When updating the last translator Pootle
> should *append* the translator if not already present, if present
> update the year (if necessary). This isn't hard to implement...
>
> Hans

Hallo Hans

I saw some discussion on this before on the Debian i18n list:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2007/08/msg00068.html

There is already some code that attempts to do this. I haven't tested it
exhaustively, but it sounds as if you have a good idea of what you want
it to do.

Please have a look in poheader.py:
http://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/translate/src/trunk/translate/storage/poheader.py?revision=7619&view=markup#l_248

It should give you a very good start to implement this. If we are happy
that it works, I'm very happy to use it in Pootle.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: