Thats a good one Simba I was also reading Exodus today and I was fascinated
by the fact that God actually told Moses at the very beginning that when he
goes to see Pharoah, Pharoah won`t listen to him but he went anyway.  That
really touched me because I saw the level of obedience this man walked in.
He must have had a real God encounter in the bush for him to trust God like
that.

You know my desire is that I may know God in that way.  Someone said God
will only speak to us intelligebly, in other words He speaks to us on
different levels.  God must have known that He could trust the man Moses
with that great assignment.  Moses had been broken enough over the past 40
years to be able to engage God at that level.  I don`t about you guys but I
don`t want to wait 40 years before God can speak to me like that.

I want the flesh to die this year, because I know that as long as I am not
at a particular level God can`t trust me with some assignments.  Check this
out

 Gal 4:1  Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth
nothing from a servant, though he is lord of all;

If you study the rest of Galatains 4 it says that as long as the heir is a
child he is subject to tutors and governors until he comes to full
maturity.  That really touches me because for me it means so long as I am
still a babe in Christ with all access to all realms of walking in God I am
not allowed to partake of some things because of spiritual immaturity.  Guys
for me I`m saying no matter what it takes let me do the hard things, God
help me to walk the narrow path.

We all love to speak about Moses and sometimes we present him as someone who
God had favor on which was true but we forget the hard road Moses walked.
We like to overlook the fact that God took him out of the spotlight for 40
YEARS and put him in the backside of the desert to apparently do nothing,
but God was doing something in Him.

I think one of the things that God tested him for in the burning bush
experience was his humility.  God said to him "take off your shoes, for the
place which you stand is holy ground".  This is something an Egyptian prince
would never do.  I think by the time that Moses saw the burning bush he was
so hungry for "something" that he took the initiative to go and see what the
whole scene was about.  Vibers how many "burning bushes" do we walk past
everyday?  How many times does God show up powerfully in a Cross service and
we are like "whatever", or "why are we singing so much we need to get with
the program and go home".

Yet in the state Moses was in when he saw the burning bush he would
worshipped for as long as it took he would have prayed for as long as it
took.  The man was broken and the man was hungry for God.  That hunger is
shown once again on his 80 day fast.  The 1st 40 days for the 10
commandments and the next 40 days to see the Glory of God!  Wow!!

Moses challenges me, I want to hunger after God like that.  I want my heart
pulsating with a fiery passion for Jesus.  You know as I am writing I am
listening to a song by FMM(Faith Moves Mountains) called "Send me Lord".
Pastor Anesu Mawoyo is the one who did the leading Vocals on that song and
you can just sense the desire to be used of God in that song.  He sang "send
me Lord" and look what God has done with him.  Noone knows the full impact
of what is happening in Dubai through his ministry.  I happen to believe
that God answers prayer.  And if we earnestly ask to see God in His glory,
He will oblige like He did with Moses.

So what would I do if I were Moses.  I`d like to say I would have obeyed God
but the question is does God trust me enough to speak to me at that level?


Chief

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:27 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> 'Open rebuke is better than secret love' Prov 27:5
> Every time i read this verse it always speaks to me. I would rather not
> love u in secret, but love u in rebuke wen u fall. Those whom i interact
> with knw that i do not mince my words when i want to show wat i believe. But
> what i want to highlight is this, rebuke does not mean you condemn or
> discourage. And 1 of the ways I rebuke is by asking direct questions and
> when 1 begins to answer those questions, i believe the Holy Spirit himself
> begins to minister to you and guides u.
>
> The second touching thing that I want to share today is to be able to obey.
> As I read in Exodus I asked myself, if I were Moses, what would I have done?
> Would i have continued to listern to God telling me that he is bringing
> another plague and Pharoah is going to hardern his heart more?
> Guys this is deep. We need to be able to hear the voice of God, understand
> it, and walk on it by faith.
> The prayer conference begins tonight with the theme hearing the voice of
> God and i that we all hear the voice of God from this conference forth, that
> it ministers to us and guides us in every step.
>
> I would want us to discuss 2 things today
> 1. If you wer Moses what would you do?
> Z. How do you know that this is the voice of God in this day and age wer
> there r no burning bushes?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "tribewithavibe" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<tribewithavibe%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.
>
>


-- 

....Loving God includes loving people.  You`ve got to love both. 1 John 4:21
(MSG)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"tribewithavibe" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/tribewithavibe?hl=en.

Reply via email to