I have many times read Stallman's personal page on how he does his computing. He makes it clear that he is talking about his own personal choices and that he is not making any recommendations for others. By contrast, in his speeches he is telling others what he thinks they should do.

Bottom line, which is easier to argue with:

1.) All non-free programs are an injustice. Non-free software should not exist.

or

2.) Trisquel is better than Windows/MacOS?

Nobody has been able to effectively argue with me on point one. Meanwhile, I have read about a few people leaving Trisquel. Not only did they leave, but they left frustrated and upset that it didn't work out. They were disappointed.

I love Trisquel, I think it is awesome! But it is not perfect. It is constantly getting better, but it is not perfect. It is software and software has bugs. The ideological issue about free software is an idea--it has no bugs!

Now this is all the ideal. If you are talking to somebody that does not respond to ideas and they just want to 'try' it, then that is your only choice. If you are talking to somebody that does respond to ideas, but you don't explain ideas well, have them watch a video lecture by rms!