> repositories is free software too. Given there is no alternative that
> is more freedom respecting than Freedombox for a plug server, I do not
> see how it would be unethical for me to recommend it. I even wonder if

Well for plug-server, you have plenty already, to name a few: Parabola,
Hyperbola (undergoing evaluation, has already asked for inclusion as
free/libre distro), and perhaps (I don't know) GuixSD.

> the Trisquel repos). The conclusion though is Freedombox can be run
> without proprietary software. Is this correct?

I won't risk telling you anything I don't know. Software is complicated
matter, just like all Stallman's talks show us, we must assume the worst
case for a software, not the best.