According to LDS theology you must join the ONE TRUE Church
There is NO salvation outside of that church
1 Ne. 14: 10  And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth.

There are ONLY 2 Churches
Church of the Lamb
Church of the Devil
Which one do you think the LDS say you are in?