From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
DAVEH:  I find the below a bit curious, Judy.  First, let me reflect
upon your comment, "This is most definitely not the Jesus I serve...".
I guess I am missing something.....where did Karen mention anything
about Jesus?

Judy:
Isn't your Church called "The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day
Saints?"

DaveH:
Next, while I'm not intimately familiar with Masonic rituals, the
comment "The ceremonies, word for word, were exactly the same
as the Masonic rituals." is not at all true.

Judy:
I don't know how she knows about Masonic rituals but there are books
and I've heard this before also. Joseph Smith is said to have gone thru
the whole 33 degrees of the York Rite in one day and he incorporated
these rituals into his new religion. How do you know this is not true if
you are not familiar with them?

DaveH:
And, as Blaine explained.....The Church simply would not have said
that she "must do as he said, and that I could not divorce him".

Judy:
Maybe 'the Church' whoever that is would not have said it but how can
you be sure that the leader of their Stake in Fairbanks Alaska did not
say it?

DaveH:
Furthermore, the comment "My husband ran off with an underage
hooker one month after we returned from the temple, and informed
me that I must remain married to him, because he wanted to be
able to "get some" from me any time he was bored with the hooker. "
just seems a little too patently silly.

Judy:
To you and me maybe but there is worse than that out there...

DaveH:
Also......Karen said "the ritual where I was told that my husband
would have to 'bring me into heaven' - I could not get there by myself,
no matter how good I was" doesn't sound anything like what I've heard,
either in or out of the Temple.

Judy:
Really?? I've never been to the temple but I have heard that this is the
reason that marriages are sealed in SLC - because women need to be
sealed to a man to get to heaven.  Are you saying this is not so?

DaveH:
    So Judy......In my opinion, Karen's 'testimony' is a bit too
contrived to be believed by anyone except those who are gullible.

Judy:
Well then I guess I must be gullible because I am not ready to call her
an out and out liar.  Her experience didn't sound so off the wall to me,
I'll just put it on my big shelf.

Grace and Peace,
Judy