Dean Moore wrote:

> Dean Moore
> Fear God and keep His commandments/ trust Jesus
>

> > DAVEH:  I find the below a bit curious, Judy.  First, let me reflect
> > upon your comment, "This is most definitely not the Jesus I serve...".
> > I guess I am missing something.....where did Karen mention anything
> > about Jesus?
> >
> >     Next, while I'm not intimately familiar with Masonic rituals, the
> > comment "The ceremonies, word for word, were exactly the same as the
> > Masonic rituals." is not at all true.  And, as Blaine explained.....The
> > Church simply would not have said that she "must do as he said, and that
> > I could not divorce him".  Furthermore, the comment "My husband ran off
> > with an underage hooker one month after we returned from the temple, and
> > informed me that I must remain married to him, because he wanted to be
> > able to "get some" from me any time he was bored with the hooker. " just
> > seems a little too patently silly.
> >
> >     Also......Karen said "the ritual where I was told that my husband
> > would have to 'bring me into heaven' - I could not get there by myself,
> > no matter how good I was" doesn't sound anything like what I've heard,
> > either in or out of the Temple.
> >
> >     So Judy......In my opinion, Karen's 'testimony' is a bit too
> > contrived to be believed by anyone except those who are gullible.
>
> Dean writes:
> At the risk of sounding gullable Daveh-I have personally had women come up
> to me on the street in SLC and make similar claims in the area that they
> are oppressed by Mormon Church-talking of suicide and talked of becoming  a
> lesbian-some even have made claims of being raped in the Temple.

DAVEH:   Look at the way some SPs attract attention, Dean?  Do you suppose doing wacko
things (waving underwear) might attract wackos?

> One went
> as far as tell me that she approached me because we were the only ones who
> would stand up to this church. I could overlook one isolated report of this
> event but we have had many come up to us with the same report-but don't ask
> for names as they were afraid to give those out. I have told you of this
> before- last year. Is this related to the fact that SLC has a much higher
> average than the nation in teen pregnancy and drug abuse?

DAVEH:  Really?  I hadn't heard such.  Do you have statistics to prove your comment?

> You will know
> them by their fruits.Do you ignore the suffering of your own people by
> turning a blind eye to this also?.

DAVEH:  I would hope not.  But I don't know if what you are reporting was accurate,
nor do I live near enough to SLC to ascertain such myself.

--
Dave Hansen