Perry wrote:
> Sounds to me like you are making a lot of
> assumtions that the text does not contain.

Such as?  Perhaps if you identify the assumptions you are making when you
read the passage, it might help me see your point.

1. "All of these pronouns in these verses refer to the creatures to whom they preach."

This is an assumption on your part, and I believe to be incorrect.

2. "We know this because the context of his message to the eleven is preaching the gospel to every creature."

I beleive the verse about preaching to all creatures to be parenthetical to the rest of the passage, telling the apostles their commission, but not changing the subject of his address, namely those whom he had just upbraided for thier unbelief.

3. "He is giving them the reason why they should be preaching"

I think this is a wrong assumption. You can make that assertion ONLY if you have incorrectly determined the antecedent to be "all creatures". In this verse He is telling th 11 WHAT to do, not why they should be doing it.

4. "because of those to whom they preach, some will believe and be baptized and thereby be saved, while others would not believe and would be damned.

While this may be a true statement in general, it does not follow from #1, and fails due to #2. it only makes sense when the ones whom he had just upbraided for their unbelief is the antecedent.

5. "Who are "them that believe"? Those who believe the gospel being preached by the eleven. "

Not quite. He is talking about the 11, whom he just finished upbraiding for their unbelief!

6. "How can you view this any other way? What motivates you to interpret the passage another way? "

As I said previously, but you are doubting, this understanding of the passage was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit.

Perry