On 2016-05-03 05:49, pgm.lam...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 12:00:04 PM UTC+2, Cédric Krier wrote:
> >
> > On 2016-05-03 02:25, pgm.l...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> > > Cédric, made the list because there was a discussion about this.
> >
> > I mean I can not understand/read what it means. The formatting is
> > strange. Please elaborate it.
> > Cédric, just don't like discussions about the accounting date. For
> > > delivery its the delivery date, for the invoice its the invoice date.

I still don't understand this answer.

> > > I'm afraid that Issue5205 still does not accept the freedom that many
> > > countries have with invoice dates and numbers. In your mail of
> > 24-12-2015
> > > you write:
> > >
> > > "...to ensure that the invoice date not before any invoice dates
> > numbered with the same sequence ..."
> > >
> > > But maybe I misunderstand your text ... I hope ... ...
> >
> > This means that invoice number must follow a increasing sequence number
> > when ordered by invoice date.
> > For the sequence, its right that a new invoice gets the increasing sequence
> > > number. Of course.
> > > But .... this has no relation with any date ...
> > > The number of a new invoice is always the last invoice number +1, but
> > > sometime the date of the new invoice is before the last invoice date.

I don't think this is allowed in any country. If you know one country
where this behaviour is allowed please share.

> > Could you name at least one country where numbering invoice should not
> > follow at least this rule?
> > Unfortunately I still don't know your "when ordered by invoice date".
> > Sorry.

Usually the rules of invoice numbering in countries is like this:

    2015-12-20: INV-0018
    2015-12-21: INV-0019
    2015-12-22: INV-0020

    2016-01-02: INV-0001
    2016-01-03: INV-0002

even if INV-0002 was created before INV-0020
This means that if you look at the generated invoice over one fiscal
year ordered by invoice date, you must see only increasing and
continuous numbering.

issue5205 is about not resetting the sequence so we will have:

    2015-12-20: INV-0018
    2015-12-21: INV-0019
    2015-12-22: INV-0020

    2016-01-02: INV-0021
    2016-01-03: INV-0022

But we can not allow to do this:

    2015-12-20: INV-0018
    2015-12-21: INV-0019
    2015-12-22: INV-0022

    2016-01-02: INV-0020
    2016-01-03: INV-0021

Because if there is a fiscal control for the year 2015, the controller
can not know if the hole between INV-0019 and INV-0022 is because there
are invoices on another fiscal year or if it is a tax fraud by hiding
invoices.

Note that I'm talking about the accounting date which is most of the
time the same as the invoice date, except usually during the period of
fiscal year change.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com