On 03.05.2016 16:00, Cédric Krier wrote:
> Usually the rules of invoice numbering in countries is like this:
>
>     2015-12-20: INV-0018
>     2015-12-21: INV-0019
>     2015-12-22: INV-0020
>
>     2016-01-02: INV-0001
>     2016-01-03: INV-0002
>
> even if INV-0002 was created before INV-0020
> This means that if you look at the generated invoice over one fiscal
> year ordered by invoice date, you must see only increasing and
> continuous numbering.
>
> issue5205 is about not resetting the sequence so we will have:
>
>     2015-12-20: INV-0018
>     2015-12-21: INV-0019
>     2015-12-22: INV-0020
>
>     2016-01-02: INV-0021
>     2016-01-03: INV-0022
>
> But we can not allow to do this:
>
>     2015-12-20: INV-0018
>     2015-12-21: INV-0019
>     2015-12-22: INV-0022
>
>     2016-01-02: INV-0020
>     2016-01-03: INV-0021
>
> Because if there is a fiscal control for the year 2015, the controller
> can not know if the hole between INV-0019 and INV-0022 is because there
> are invoices on another fiscal year or if it is a tax fraud by hiding
> invoices.
>
> Note that I'm talking about the accounting date which is most of the
> time the same as the invoice date, except usually during the period of
> fiscal year change.

Are you really talking about the accounting date here? In issue5205 you
are talking about the invoice date.

If you are talking about the accounting date the planned constraint is
not a good idea as you would not be able to create an invoice for the
year 2015 if you share the invoice sequence with 2016 and you already
created an invoice for 2016.

If you do a monthly invoicing of services the invoice date will differ
from the accounting date every month as the invoice date will be a day
of the following month and the accounting date will be the last day of
the month when the services have been done.