Kathie over at the afl found this nugget from abcnews.com, September
4, 2008:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=5719503&page=1

Among the jokes told then (which received zero outrage):

"Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried
daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in
trouble before! Now he has really done it." -- "The Tonight Show With
Jay Leno," 9/2/08

Dave's sin was replacing Edwards' name with Rodriguez's and repeating
the joke 9 months too late.

On Jun 12, 9:15 pm, PGage <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM, televisiongirl 
> <[email protected]>wrote:
>
> > So if a person calls a woman "slutty," as long as that person doesn't
> > honestly believe the woman he/she called "slutty" sleeps around, it is OK.
> >  I don't really agree.  If that person doesn't believe the woman is
> > "slutty," why mention it at all?
>
> Dave also implied that Former NY Gov Elliot Spitzer would sexually attack an
> 18 year old girl. I don't think that Dave really thinks that Spitzer is a
> potential rapist. I suppose you might ask why Dave would say that if he
> didn't believe it - but I don't think you would, because the answer is
> obvious - as Kevin noted,  it is a joke. I doubt Dave really believes all
> the things he has said over the years about Bill and Hillary Clinton, George
> W Bush, Dan Quayle, Al Gore or Bob Dole. THEY ARE JOKES.
>
> Now, they may be unfunny jokes. I saw each of the Palin bits in question as
> they were aired, without any warning or filter; I thought the slutty flight
> attendant bit (which I think was a Top 10 item) was hilarious, the thing
> about the daughter not really. I see almost all of Dave's shows, and he
> tells a dozen lame, unfunny jokes a week.
>
> I don't think there is anything more offensive in Dave's Palin bits than
> there was in the SNL Patterson bits this year.
>
> Kevin wonders why Pallin reacts like this, but we know - this is how they
> raise money.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
TV or Not TV .... Smart (TV) People on Ice!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "TV or Not TV" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/tvornottv?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to