My current idea is to "go with the flow" and use bit.ly to store my
structured url and have my silverlight application use the bit.ly api
to get the structured data. I had hoped that i could have meaningful
url's in the tweet but it's not over important.

I'll use the extra space in the tweet for location information.

Thanks everyone for your input.