@jim.renkel. Thanks a ton. I think now it is clear.

<<It appears to me that each user of a white-listed site gets 20k
requests per hour, independent of any other users of that site or *any
other uses of the twitter API at other sites by that user *>>

probably this is what they mean by

*"IP whitelisting takes precedence to account rate limits*. *GET requests
from a whitelisted IP address made on a user's behalf will be deducted from
the whitelisted IP's limit, not the users*."

If the IP limit  is for the consumer then it will lead to denial of service
attacks.
This is how we wanted it to work.

Srikanth