+1 on this.

I think the ReTweet concept is more complex than the model in the Retweet API described. While twitter has always been a keep it simple service, I think you will find many users wont use this new functionality if they can't use it the way they do currently (with additional comments)..

I think somehow a hybrid of simple rebroadcasting and commenting on the rebroadcast would be powerful enhancement to the Twitter service. Being able to track retweets is very cool, but being able to track what people say about the content they are redistributing is where the power of social communication lies, it drives the conversation forward by engaging more users..